After weeks of farming GB10 and your clear time is stable at 95%+, it’s time to upgrade some of your high quality runes and speed up your GB10 runs!
How to know if you are ready for mid-tier GB10 teams (2-3 min clear time)?
- Your team can easily survive wave and boss attacks, outclassing the monsters with sufficient HP and DEF.
- Meeting all the stat requirements particularly SPD and Accuracy as shown on Chapter 12.
- Have at least Vero as 6*.
- Have a Damage Dealer to replace Darion.
- Glory buildings built and upgraded for additional stat bonuses (Sky Tribe Totem, Crystal Altar, Guardstone)
If you meet all these 5 requirements, let’s put on our afterburners and torch the Giant! 🙂
A run-through of our current lineup and clear time:
Ave. Clear Time
|Run||Veromos, Belladeon, Bernard, Shannon, Darion|
Mid Tier GB10 Team Composition
Speeding up your runs with a good success rate translates to efficiency. You don’t want to get stuck and be contented with 4 minute runs because it delays your progression. Besides GB10 is only our 1st milestone, you need to be able to farm DB10 and NB10 in the future. The sooner the better.
They key to achieving it fast is to farm effectively in areas you can currently clear. One is GB10, another is Trial of Ascension (ToA), and Dragon’ Lair B8 (DB8). Having farmed GB10 for a while now, you already have acquired decent Swift and Despair runes. This will help you in clearing at least up to floor 70 of ToA. In addition, Veromos with ~170 SPD will cleanse the continuous damage faster from DB8 boss.
So how do we speed up your runs exactly? What units should you keep using and what units to replace? Let’s break down and compare.
|Veromos||Leader +33% HP, Cleanser, DoT, AOE stun, Decent damage|
|Belladeon||Sustain, ATB boost, DEF break, Buff Strip|
|Bernard||ATB increase, SPD buff, DEF break, ATK break, Decent damage|
|Shannon||ATK buff, DEF buff, AOE crowd control / Slow, Glancing hit|
|Darion||DEF break, ATK break, Damage reduction, Decent damage|
Now, let’s look back on the 1st indicator if you capable of running a mid-tier team. “your team can easily survive wave and boss attacks, outclassing the monsters with sufficient HP and DEF”. Can you see the hint?
It only makes sense to replace Darion for another monster capable of dealing more damage. Why not Vero? Belladeon? Bernard or Shannon? First, Veromos helps improve faster clear time via AOE stun against enemy waves and DoT on Boss. It’s AOE cleanse also helps you survive from the Crystal’s AOE DEF break.On the other hand Belladeon will be one of your DEF breakers, buff stripper and most importantly your healer. On advanced teams, Belladeon is replaced by another damage dealer to form a YOLO team and tank the damage while dealing enough damage to kill the boss first. This requires high quality runes, so for now let’s keep Belladeon in our team.
Another is Bernard, he will be your ATK and DEF breaker which is also seen on Darion’s skill kit but its ATB increase and SPD buff is still needed to always outspeed the enemy. Shannon is also essential because of the ATK buff she offers allowing more damage and faster wave clears. She can be replaced by another ATK buffer like Megan, Chasun or Galleon given that you won’t need the AOE slow debuff and glancing hit from Shannon.
Let’s take a look at our new line-up:
I used Sigmarus as the damage dealer to show that you can still progress using farmable units. Plus, he is a key unit for DB10! So I’m already telling you that Sigmarus is a good option as your next 6*. If you are lucky enough to get good damage dealers like Lushen, Taor, Charlotte, you are free to use them instead. Just take note that the new minimum HP requirement for Wind units are 17k and Non-wind are 19k.
|Wave 1:||Turn order: Bernard > Megan > Belladeon > Veromos > Sigmarus.|
|Wave 2:||Entering wave 2 on a faster pace, the 3 golems and 2 crystals are not even a threat against you.|
|Wave 3:||Around 50 seconds in to wave 3, Belladeon DEF breaks the mini boss and the rest is history. Sigmarus showing his heavy damage and Veromos/Megan helping out with the DOTs.|
|Wave 4:||Similar situation to wave 2, you can easily clear this stage with full HP entering the boss stage.|
|Boss:||Exactly 2 minutes in, Bernard will either use Tailwind to buff your team or Body slam to apply debuffs. With DOTs kicking in from Veromos and Megan, the boss barely makes 2 turns and clearing the stage around 2min 30sec mark.|
Full Video of Auto-runs:
1st team: Sigmarus (L), Veromos, Bernard, Belladeon, Megan
2nd team: Sigmarus (L), Veromos, Bernard, Belladeon, Shannon
3rd team: Sigmarus (L), Veromos, Bernard, Belladeon, Galleon
Trial of Ascension (ToA) 70F
Using your new GB10 core team and their current stats, we can now clear ToA 70. Gz on getting a Devilmon! 🙂
- Full-auto on stages 1-69. Semi-auto on stage 70 (depending on ToA season)
- Rotation of Veromos, Sigmarus, Belladeon, Lapis, Bernard, Shannon, Megan and Darion.
- Veromos and Sigmarus as 6*, other support units can survive as 5*.
Dragon’s Lair B8 (DB8)
With Sigmarus in action we can now clear DB8 faster. Farming Dragon’s Lair allows us to get Focus runes to achieve higher accuracy on our monsters. We can also get Violent runes here in preparation for Necropolis.
*Note: this is using your new GB10 lineup with same stats.
Game Progression Guide
- Start collecting Fire Sylph (Baretta) Fusion monsters. This monster will be your ToA MVP and a useful unit for DB10 tower teams.
- Farm for ideal 6* runes (At least Rare grade)
- Power-up to +12 all your 1/3/5 5* runes
Key Monsters to Level Up:
- Sigmarus and Belladeon 6* Max. Bernard, Megan and Shannon can stay as 5* for now.
- Note: 6* your Damage Dealer (DD) to maximize its damage output.
- Save your Mana Stones for rune upgrades. With a faster clear time you are now farming efficiently than before.
- Allocate Crystals for energy refills.
- Sell the remaining 4* runes in your storage.
- +15 your 6* Main stat runes (2/4/6)
- Keep an eye on 6* Hero and Legend runes on Magic Shop. Buy when it fits the desired stats.
- Remember to collect guaranteed crystals from defeating your rivals every time they are up.
- Collect rewards from Events, they give plenty of resources.
- Continue upgrading your Sanctum of Energy, Mysterious Plant and Sky Tribe Totem.