Chapter 21 of our player progression series is an introduction to the Elemental Rift Dungeons and our road to crafting Homunculus (Attack).
So far, We have already cleared the B10 Dungeons of Giant’s Keep, Dragon’s Lair, and Necropolis. From here on, we will be grinding these dungeons to speed up our progression (resources, runes, etc.). As we move closer to the PvE end-game, our next challenge is to speed up the Dungeon runs and clear Rift Raid Level 5.
Now, to achieve our goal, we will introduce you to a game-changing monster available through Craft, the Homunculus (Attack). This nat5 monster is the ultimate PvE unit perfect for refining our dungeon runs. Most importantly, we don’t have to rely on luck because this monster is farmable via rune craft from materials dropped by Elemental Beasts.
About the Homunculus
Homunculus can only be obtained through the Craft Building. You can craft 2 types, Attack (Fire, Water, Wind) and Support (Light, Dark), each having various skills and special abilities. Unlike regular monsters, the owner has the ability to choose its elemental attribute, name, and its set of skills.
Acquiring one is definitely game-changing because Homunculus is designed to complete any team composition which makes it one of the highest-rated PvE monsters in game. Known for its versatility, it can be used in many different scenarios depending on your Homunculus’ skill-tree path.
Summoning and Skill-ups
Summoning the Homunculus requires crystals obtained from the elemental rift dungeons. Fire Homunculus will be crafted by default. To change its element to Water of Wind, you will need to evolve its first skill to the elemental equivalent desired. Skill-ups for the Homunculus is only possible using Devilmons.
Players can have both the Support and the Attack Homunculus, but only 1 of each. Currently, only one Homunculus of each type may be summoned at once by any player. This means a player cannot possess two attack type or two support type Homunculus at once.
Homunculus cannot be used in the Arena or Guild Wars defensive teams, and Real-Time Arena (RTA).
To craft Homunculus (Attack) for the first time:
- 200 Frozen Water Crystals
- Obtained from the Water Beast (Rift Dungeon)
- 400 Flaming Fire Crystals
- Obtained from the Fire Beast (Rift Dungeon)
- 200 Whirling Wind Crystals
- Obtained from the Wind Beast (Rift Dungeon)
- 400 Condensed Magic Crystals
- Obtained from the any of the Elemental Beasts (Rift Dungeon)
- 100,000 Mana Stones
- Skill 1
- 200 Water Crystals/Fire Crystals/Wind Crystals
- 100 Shiny Light Crystals
- 100 Pitch-black Dark Crystals
- 200 Condensed Magic Crystals
- Skill 1 Upgraded
- 400 Water Crystals/Fire Crystals/Wind Crystals
- 200 Shiny Light Crystals
- 200 Pitch-black Dark Crystals
- 400 Condensed Magic Crystals
- Skill 2
- 600 Water Crystals/Fire Crystals/Wind Crystals
- 300 Shiny Light Crystals
- 300 Pitch-black Dark Crystals
- 600 Condensed Magic Crystals
- Skill 2 Upgraded
- 800 Water Crystals/Fire Crystals/Wind Crystals
- 400 Shiny Light Crystals
- 400 Pitch-black Dark Crystals
- 800 Condensed Magic Crystals
- Skill 3
- 1000 Water Crystals/Fire Crystals/Wind Crystals
- 500 Shiny Light Crystals
- 500 Pitch-black Dark Crystals
- 1000 Condensed Magic Crystals
- All Skills Maxed Total
- 3000 Water Crystals/Fire Crystals/Wind Crystals
- 1500 Shiny Light Crystals
- 1500 Pitch-black Dark Crystals
- 3000 Condensed Magic Crystals
Skill / Element Reset
At any point, players can choose to reset the skills of their Homunculus, causing their skills to revert back to the default versions, as well as their element back to the default of fire. Players can choose either of the following two payment options:
- 150 Frozen Water Crystals
- 150 Flaming Fire Crystals
- 150 Whirling Wind Crystals
- 300 Condensed Magic Crystals
- 150 Crystals of the current element
- 300 Crystals
Once the skills of the Homunculus have been reset, players can evolve their skills back up to the highest point attained previously at no additional cost. As well, previous skillups will be retained after skill resetting. Finally, if players change the element of their Homunculus, players no longer need to awaken it again.
Homunculus recommended skill paths
Necropolis B10 (NB10) focus
Rift Raid Level 5 (R5) focus
Trial of Ascension (ToA) / Crowd Control (CC) and Hall of Heroes (HoH) focus
Conquering the Fire Beast in Auto-mode
To start our conquest in crafting the Homunculus (Attack), we need to farm Crystals from the element beasts, and our first step is conquering the Fire Beast. Farming this dungeon gives us Flaming Fire Crystals and Condensed Magic Crystals, and our target is to get at least an A rank with the current monsters that we have.
Do remember that it is not necessary to kill the boss in order to gain crystal rewards. Player ranking is based on the amount of damage to the boss, as well as meeting certain conditions (for higher ranks). Defeating the boss outright will automatically award players an additional 500,000 damage to their total for ranking purposes.
Getting and A rank only requires bringing the boss to the second groggy state and achieving a damage of 1.6M. The trick is to bring at least 2 AoE attackers in your team, 2 utility supports, and the rest are damage dealers.
Getting an A rank usually gives an average of 6 Flaming Fire Crystals. Since you need 400 of these to summon the Homunculus, a total of 67 runs are needed to complete it. To be safe, you will need to do at least 80 runs when RNG is factored in.
Team Composition and stats
You will need high damage utility monsters so you can hastily bring the boss to groggy state. Delaying the run will just put you at risk of getting hit by its minions. This particular reason is why chose to opt out Belladeon and bring Darion instead.
Utility: Verdehile (L), Darion, Mav
AoE attackers: Lapis, Sigmarus, +1 or replace with a Damage Dealer
Fire Beast Video
*In this video, Water Nine Tailed Fox (Soha) can be replaced using Lapis. Just make sure she follows the above stat requirement.
Game Progression Guide
Key Monsters to Level Up:
- Collect Ifrit Summoning Pieces and summon Water or Fire Ifrit
- Xiong Fei as 6* Max
- Save 13 Devilmons in preparation for Homunculus (Attack) Skill-ups
NB10 and R3 improvements:
- All Monsters should be max-skilled
- NB10: Xiong Fei and other debuffers should have at least 45% Accuracy
- NB10: Lapis can be replaced for a legitimate damage dealer in Theomars or a SPD decrease debuffer like the Rakshasas.
- Upgrade these Glory Buildings to strengthen your stats in this order
- Sky Tribe Totem
- Ancient Sword
- Crystal Altar
- Fallen Ancient Guardian
- Use Grindstones and Enchanted Gems to improve your current runes.
- Farm for ideal 5* and 6* Rage and Will runes (At least Hero/Purple grade).
- Power-up to +15 on all your slots 4/6 6* runes.
- Power-up to +12 on all your slots 1/3/5 5* runes.
- Sell slots 4/6 5* Rage runes unless ATK% Hero grade with 2-3 ideal stats.
- Allocate crystals for energy refills.
- +15 your 6* main stat runes (2/4/6) especially SPD, HP% and ATK%.
- Keep an eye on 6* Hero and Legend runes on Magic Shop. Buy when it fits the desired stats.
- Remember to collect guaranteed crystals from defeating your rivals every time they are up.
- Collect rewards from events, they give plenty of resources.