Chapter 23 of our player progression series is about clearing the Wind Beast in auto-mode with at least “Rank A” result.
The third step in acquiring materials for our Homunculus is the Wind Beast. So far, we have faced both Fire and Ice Beasts on our previous chapters, thus allowed us to form a specific team to counter their signature skills that led us with good results and more loot drops (crystals).
This time, the Wind Beast’s signature skill is the Lightning Roar, and your team needs to have 2 dedicated Area of Effect (AoE) healers to counter it since healing your team back to 100% will automatically deal great damage to the boss. On the other hand, If you fail to make your monster’s HP at 100%, it will receive additional damage from the Wind Beast.
The Lightning Roar induces an [Electric Shock] effect which decreases the recovery amount of monsters by 50% on the field. Good thing we have already built Colleen and Belladeon as part of our NB10 team, and they can work together once again as key pieces against the Wind Beast. Notable farmable AoE healers that can be used as alternative are: Fran, Ahman, and Rakaja.
Wind Beast Overview
Understanding the Wind Beast’s mechanics will give us an idea to create an effective team. Let’s take a look at the Wind Beast’s skill.
Attacks all enemies 2 times using its gigantic body and recovers the HP in proportion to the number of [Electric Shock] effect.
- Free your monsters from the [Electric Shock] effect through AoE healers, else the Wind Beast will recover HP from units affected by the effect.
Attacks all enemies 3 times with a furious roar and grants the [Electric Shock] Effect. The damage increases every time the Lightning Roar is used. Electric Shock: The damage you receive will increase under the Electric Shock Effect. The recovery amount you receive will be decreased by 50% and you’ll be inflicted with Continuous Damage proportionate to 10% of your MAX HP every turn. You must reach 100% HP in order to remove the Electric Shock effect and return great damage to the Wind Beast.
- Use vampire runes on your nukers so they heal a certain amount from their attacks.
Attacks the enemies in the frontline 2 times with a sharp thorn. The damage increases substantially as the target’s Defense decreases. This attack will target the backline if there are no enemies left in the frontline.
- Minimize the damage by placing monsters with high DEF in the frontline (Bernard and Mav with at least 800 DEF)
Removes all beneficial effects on all enemies and attacks them 6 times with wind breath.
- This skill is cast at the end of the Wind Beast’s skill pattern mostly when your team struggles to quickly bring the boss to groggy state. Having a high damage nuke prevents this skill from being cast, most importantly before the 1st and 2nd groggy state.
Weakens the effect that inflicts damage proportionate to the HP with a twisted power and gains immunity against all harmful effects. The immunity against all harmful effects will be removed during the Groggy State. Additionally, increases the damage received from fire monsters by 50% and increases the damage dealt to water monsters by 50%.
- Fire damage dealers are highly favorable to use because of the additional 50% damage.
Conquering the Wind Beast in Auto-mode
You can alternately farm Fire, Ice, and Wind Beasts because the monsters used in these dungeons share the same stat requirement (Belladeon, Mav, and Colleen). Farming this dungeon gives us Whirling Wind Crystals and Condensed Magic Crystals, and our target is to get at least an A rank with the current monsters that we have.
Do remember that it is not necessary to kill the boss in order to gain crystal rewards. Player ranking is based on the amount of damage to the boss, as well as meeting certain conditions (for higher ranks). Defeating the boss outright will automatically award players an additional 500,000 damage to their total for ranking purposes.
Getting and A rank only requires bringing the boss to the second groggy state and achieving damage of 1.6M. The trick is to bring a maximum of 3 utility supports that has 2 AoE heals, and the rest are damage dealers (preferably Fire type).
Getting an A rank usually gives an average of 6 Whirling Wind Crystals. Since you only need 200 of these to summon the Homunculus, a total of 34 runs are needed to complete it. To be safe, you will need to do at least 40 runs when RNG is factored in.
Team Composition and stats
A must-have monster in your lineup is Xiong Fei since it provides decent damage and utility for your team. Next monsters to consider are Colleen, Belladeon and Mav as they provide continuous heals, thus directly countering the [Electric Shock] effect while also applying buffs (ATK increase, Skill CD decrease) and debuffs (DEF break while the boss on groggy state). Lastly, the remaining monsters to assign are damage dealers. Using farmable monsters like Verdehile should have decent attack stats.
On a side note, Colleen’s purpose is to simply heal and provide ATK buff but does minimal damage to the boss. So feel free to swap her for units like Hwahee and Chasun to increase your team’s damage potential.
Utility (Healer / ATB booster / ATK buffer / DEF break): Colleen, Belladeon, and Mav
Damage Dealers: Xiong Fei, Verdehile, +1 Damage Dealer (Akhamamir, Tesarion, Katarina, Baleygr, Argen, are few of the notable damage dealers that are farmable)
Wind Beast Video
Game Progression Guide
Key Monsters to Level Up / Upgrade:
- With enough multi-hits on your NB10 team, change the rune set of Xiong Fei to Vampire / Revenge so you can use it on both R5 and NB10.
- Increase the attack stats of your damage dealers while keeping the required minimum stats (Ex: Verdehile 6th rune slot from HP% to ATK%). Use grindstones and enchanted gems as necessary.
- Collect Ifrit Summoning Pieces and summon Water or Fire Ifrit.
- Save 13 Devilmons in preparation for Homunculus (Attack) Skill-ups
NB10 and R3 improvements:
- All Monsters should be max-skilled
- NB10: Xiong Fei and other debuffers should have at least 45% Accuracy
- NB10: Lapis can be replaced for a legitimate damage dealer in Theomars or a SPD decrease debuffer like the Rakshasas.
- Upgrade these Glory Buildings to strengthen your stats in this order
- Sky Tribe Totem
- Ancient Sword
- Crystal Altar
- Fallen Ancient Guardian
- Use Grindstones and Enchanted Gems to improve your current runes.
- Farm for ideal 5* and 6* Rage and Will runes (At least Hero/Purple grade).
- Power-up to +15 on all your slots 4/6 6* runes.
- Power-up to +12 on all your slots 1/3/5 5* runes.
- Sell slots 4/6 5* Rage runes unless ATK% Hero grade with 2-3 ideal stats.
- Allocate crystals for energy refills.
- +15 your 6* main stat runes (2/4/6) especially SPD, HP% and ATK%.
- Keep an eye on 6* Hero and Legend runes on Magic Shop. Buy when it fits the desired stats.
- Remember to collect guaranteed crystals from defeating your rivals every time they are up.
- Collect rewards from events, they give plenty of resources.