Chapter 24 of our player progression series is about clearing the Light Beast in auto-mode with at least “Rank A” result.
In the last few chapters, we were able to farm Fire, Ice, and Wind Beasts that allowed us to summon the Homunculus (Attack). Remember this is just the primary form of the Homunculus and you still need to farm more element crystals to upgrade the skills based on the desired path or usage of your Homunculus. Make sure to decide which skill tree path to take that will give more value on your progression.
Now, one of the requirements in upgrading the Homunculus’ skills are Shiny Light Crystals which can be obtained from the Light Beast. You will need 300 Shiny Light Crystals to unlock up to the 1st skill upgrade, 700 more for up to the 2nd skill upgrade, and 500 more for 3rd skill. This sums a total of 1500 Shiny Light Crystals for a max skilled Homunculus (Attack).
The Light Beast’s signature skill is the Light Distortion, and the key is to bring monsters that can inflict great damage with less amount of hits (preferably single hit damage dealers). Unlike other rifts, having 1 healer is enough to sustain your team. With a lot of output damage, it is essential to break the shield as fast as you can because it gives additional attack power on the Light Beast’s attacks. However, keep in mind that attacking the shield also deals a portion of damage to the boss’ HP.
Light Beast Overview
Understanding the Light Beast’s mechanics will give us an idea to create an effective team. Let’s take a look at the Wind Beast’s skill.
Becomes enraged whenever an enemy gains a turn. Attacks all enemies 2 times. Greatly increases the damage proportionate to the number of times the Beast becomes enraged and the rage effect will reset after the attack.
- Make sure to have 5 monsters with decent damage and bring a maximum of 2 supports.
Attacks all enemies 3 times with a giant roar and creates the Distorted Shield. The HP of the shield will increase every time the Light Distortion is used. Distorted Shield: A shield that decreases the received damage and increases the inflicted damage. It shares the damage inflicted on the Light Beast and substantially decreases the inflicted damage when receiving multiple hits. The Beast’s attacks will become stronger according to the number of the remaining HP of the shield.
- 1 Healer (Colleen) is enough, the rest should be single hit damage dealers.
Attacks the enemies in the frontline 2 times with a sharp thorn. The damage increases substantially as the target’s Defense decreases. This attack will target the backline if there are no enemies left in the frontline.
- Minimize the damage by placing monsters with high DEF in the frontline (at least 800 DEF with 3 monsters in the frontline)
Removes all beneficial effects on all enemies and attacks them 6 times with light breath.
- This skill is cast at the end of the Light Beast’s skill pattern mostly when your team struggles to quickly bring the boss to groggy state. Having a high damage nuke prevents this skill from being cast, most importantly before the 1st and 2nd groggy state.
Weakens the effect that inflict damage proportionate to the HP with a twisted power and gains immunity against all harmful effects. The immunity against all harmful effects will be removed during the Groggy State. Additionally, increases the damage dealt to and received from Dark Monsters by 50% each.
- Dark damage dealers are highly favorable to use because of the additional 50% damage.
Conquering the Light Beast in Auto-mode
In this dungeon, we can use the available dark monsters as damage dealers like Veromos and re-rune him to an attack type with SPD / CD% / HP% on its main slots with at least 65% CR; or you can also use Shumar and Kro if you have farmed the Secret Dungeon. Other notable farmable monsters are Kahli, Copper, and Darion.
Farming this dungeon gives us Shiny Light Crystals and Condensed Magic Crystals, and our target is to get at least an A rank with the current monsters that we have. Do remember that it is not necessary to kill the boss in order to gain crystal rewards. Player ranking is based on the amount of damage to the boss, as well as meeting certain conditions (for higher ranks). Defeating the boss outright will automatically award players an additional 500,000 damage to their total for ranking purposes.
Getting and A rank only requires bringing the boss to the second groggy state and achieving a damage of 1.6M. The trick is to bring a maximum of 2 utility monsters and the other 4 will be the damage dealers that will quickly destroy the shield.
Getting an A rank usually gives an average of 6 Shiny Light Crystals. Since you need a large total of 1500 crystals to fully max the Homunculus’ skills, you will have to grind a rough estimate of 250~270 runs.
Team Composition and stats
We only need 1 support in Colleen to sustain HP and provide ATK buff; the rest should be damage dealers with a strong single hit damage like Darion, Sigmarus, and an attack-type Veromos. Since it is a necessity to farm a lot of Shiny Light Crystals, there are a few recommended niche monsters you can build specifically for this Dungeon: Copper, Shumar, and Kro (just to name a few), are great farmable damage dealers that will help you easily achieve a minimum of Rank A result.
We can utilize 3 of our GB10 core monsters in Veromos, Darion, and Sigmarus to counter the Distorted Shield with their high single hit damage. Just make sure that your damage dealers especially Dark-type monsters to have at least 65% Critical Rate.
Light Beast Video
Game Progression Guide
- Transition from Swift to Violent rune set while maintaining the minimum Speed requirement for: Veromos, Theomars, Verdehile, Spectra, Belladeon, and Mav.
- Transition from Fatal to Rage rune set while maintaining the minimum Crit Rate requirement for: Sigmarus and other damage dealers that do not scale their damage on speed.
Key Monsters to Level Up / Upgrade:
- With enough multi-hits on your NB10 team, change the rune set of Xiong Fei to Vampire / Revenge so you can use it on both R5 and NB10.
- Increase the attack stats of your damage dealers while keeping the required minimum stats (Ex: Verdehile 6th rune slot from HP% to ATK%). Use grindstones and enchanted gems as necessary.
- Collect Ifrit Summoning Pieces and summon all 3 Ifrits.
- Save 13 Devilmons in preparation for Homunculus (Attack) Skill-ups
NB10 and R3 improvements:
- All Monsters should be max-skilled
- NB10: Xiong Fei and other debuffers should have at least 45% Accuracy
- NB10: Lapis can be replaced for a legitimate damage dealer in Theomars or a SPD decrease debuffer like the Rakshasas.
- Upgrade these Glory Buildings to strengthen your stats in this order
- Sky Tribe Totem
- Ancient Sword
- Crystal Altar
- Fallen Ancient Guardian
- Use Grindstones and Enchanted Gems to improve your current runes.
- Farm for ideal 5* and 6* Rage and Will runes (At least Hero/Purple grade).
- Power-up to +15 on all your slots 4/6 6* runes.
- Power-up to +12 on all your slots 1/3/5 5* runes.
- Sell slots 4/6 5* Rage runes unless ATK% Hero grade with 2-3 ideal stats.
- Allocate crystals for energy refills.
- +15 your 6* main stat runes (2/4/6) especially SPD, HP% and ATK%.
- Keep an eye on 6* Hero and Legend runes on Magic Shop. Buy when it fits the desired stats.
- Remember to collect guaranteed crystals from defeating your rivals every time they are up.
- Collect rewards from events, they give plenty of resources.