In Chapter 8 of our step-by-step guide, our focus is to evolve our Giants core team to 5* Max and farm GB7. Previously we were able to create Lapis as a fodder farmer in Faimon Hard. From there it should be easy to evolve Belladeon, Bernard, Shannon, and Konamiya/Darion to 5* Max. Being able to farm GB5/6 last time also gave you good runes to keep up with the stat requirements for GB7. So why GB7? The minimum rune grade drop there is 4* and you can also get 6* runes. It also means that you will have more efficient Mana farming by selling unwanted runes. Here you will farm and prepare yourself in venturing GB10 soon!
Now, as we continue our progress we will also clear hell stages of Hydeni Ruins, Tamor Desert, Vrofagus Ruins and Faimon Volcano. 4 Hell stages for a total of 120 crystals which will help you on your 2nd premium pack purchase. This will be easier than the last hell stages because you already have 5* Max monsters to aid you.
While farming B7 we will collect the fusion materials required to summon Dark Ifrit (Veromos), which is an essential unit for GB10. This monster will be your Leader giving +33% HP increase to your allies, a massive boost to ensure survival against the boss’ vicious attacks. Veromos also has AOE stun to CC enemy waves, cleanse allies per turn, and applies continuous damage to boss which is a valuable skill-set.
Fodder Farming Results / Monster Stats and Levels
After a few days of evolving your monsters, you should have similar stats to this:
Lapis: Vampire / Revenge (SPD / CD% / ATK%)
Bernard: Swift / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Belladeon: Swift / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Shannon: Swift / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Darion / or any of your +1 monster: 3x Energy (HP% / HP% / HP%)
Check out your rune storage and replace old 3* runes for better ones. Power-up your 2/4/6 runes to +12.
Now you are ready to farm GB7 Auto-mode.
Clearing the Scenario Hell Mode is a good indicator that your monsters have what it takes to run in dungeons with higher difficulty. You can start clearing Hydeni Ruins onward once your monsters reach 5* and are equipped with Hero-Grade runes. Remember that the difficulty significantly increases as you move to the next Hell Map, making Chiruka Hell the hardest area. In this case we used a rotation of Lapis, Belladeon, Shannon, Bernard and Darion to clear these areas.
You might have some difficulty on Faimon Volcano due to non-elemental(Pure) type monsters but your friend’s Rep mon can save the day for ya!
Clearance reward gives you free 30 crystals for each Map location. so 4 areas give you a total of 120 crystals.
Farming Giant’s Keep Basement 7 (GB7)
GB7 is a Dark Element Dungeon with 5 waves. Enemy units are lvl 47-50 which means it is important that your monsters should be 5* as well. Below we will explain the requirements to be able to clear this dungeon in auto-mode. Good rune substats are beneficial but not yet critical in farming GB7, just follow the main stat recommendations in slots 2/4/6.
Team Composition, Rune and Stat Requirements
Lapis (L) – Self sustaining unit and deals good damage against boss. With her 1st skill having a potential of 75% ATB reduction on AOE, she provides great Crowd Control versus pre-boss waves and even on Boss. 2nd skill can land DEF break to speed up your runs. Disadvantage: 1st and 2nd skills are multi-hit. It helps the Boss to land frequent counterattacks from its Passive skill.
Rune: Vampire / Revenge (SPD / CD% / ATK%)
Rune: Swift / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Shannon – Utility/Support buffer. Increases your allies Attack Power and DEF for 3 turns. 2nd skill Decelerate casts AOE slow and 1st skill dealing Glancing debuff to target enemy. Giant Boss hits extremely hard which makes her role vital to winning.
Rune: Despair / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Rune: Swift / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Rune: 3x Energy (HP% / HP% / HP%)
Rune: Swift / Energy (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Full Video of Auto-run:
Lapis (L), Darion, Belladeon, Bernard, Shannon
B7 vs B5 drops:
Giant’s Keep B5 Rune Drops
Giant’s Keep B7 Rune Drops
Farming GB7 compared to GB5 is a huge upgrade. These type of runes are essential to clearing higher basement floors in auto mode.
Introduction to Dark Ifrit (Veromos)
Veromos is arguably the best monster you can get from Monster Fusion! Unless you’re fortunate to get another powerhouse of a monster like Lushen or good Nat 5*, Veromos will likely be your first 6* monster (Yes, we prefer to 6* him first over Lapis). He excels pretty much everywhere early-on, with usage in all Cairos Dungeons, ToA, PvP and even as a fodder farmer. He’s definitely a worthwhile investment to make in terms of time, resources and Devilmons!
Veromos is an amazing monster for GB10 especially for starting players. With a cleanse every turn, it effectively makes the defense breaks in GB10 less scary than they normally are. On top of that, Veromos has a good AoE stun rate on his 2nd Skill for crowd-control (CC) and a decent 75% chance to DoT on his 1st when maxed. Finally, he offers a great leader skill, which boosts the overall survivability of your team by a considerable amount. Newer players should build Veromos on Swift to make him as fast as possible. Only when you get a GOOD set of Violent runes should you make the transition. For the majority of early-game players, Veromos is pretty much vital in starting GB10.
Leader Skills: Increases the HP of ally monsters by 33%.
Skill 1: Mega Smash: [((Spd + 210) / 0.7)%]: Attacks with magical powers and inflicts continuous damage for 2 turns with a 50% chance. The damage increases according to Attack Speed.
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Damage +10%
- Lv.6 Harmful Effect Rate +15%
Skill 2: Super Crush: [120% + 16%]: Attacks all enemies and stuns them with a 30% chance. The damage is proportionate to my MAX HP. (Reusable in 4 turns)
- Lv.2 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.5 Damage +10%
- Lv.6 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.7 Cooltime Turn -1
Skill 3: Conversion of Magic [Passive]: Removes a weakening effect, except inability effects, on all allies each turn and recovers HP by 3% for each weakening effect removed. (Automatic Effect)
Requirements for Veromos Fusion
- 500,000 Mana Stones
- Wind Vampire (Argen)
- Wind Minotauros (Eintau) get from Chiruka Remains
- Wind Lizardman (Velfinodon) get from SD
- Fire Living Armor (Iron) get from Ferun Castle
- Water Pixie (Kacey) get from SD, Magic Shop
- Fire Succubus (Akia)
- Fire Beast Hunter (Nangrim) get from SD
- Fire Salamander (Krakdon) get from SD, Faimon Volcano
- Water Harpy (Ramira) get from SD
- Wind Harpu (Seal) get from SD, Magic Shop
- Water Undine (Mikene)
- Water Bearman (Gruda) get from SD
- Water Grim Reaper (Hemos) get from SD, Guild Shop
- Wind Inferno (Anduril) get from SD
- Fire Imp (Cogma) get from SD
- Dark Yeti (Kumae) get from SD
Game Progression Guide
- Use your friend or mentor’s Rep Monster to gain higher Exp. Ideally paired with 1 of your specific monsters to level up.
- Higher difficulty stages (Hell mode) give more exp.
- *Note: Dungeons give less amount of experience compared to scenario stages.
Key Monsters to Level Up:
- Belladeon, Shannon, Bernard, Darion, Konamiya
- All should be 5* Max lvl 35 to farm GB7 in auto-mode
- Sell 4* Rare runes if they are slot 1/3/5. Keep usable 4* Rare runes with ideal stats from slot 2/4/6. Keep 5* usable runes.
- Kellan is unlocked on your rivals. Remember to collect guaranteed crystals from defeating your rivals every time they are up.
- Rune power-up priority: Slots 2,4 and 6
- Don’t bother powering up 3* runes anymore, sell them instead for additional Mana Stones. You will get better quality runes from now after being able to farm GB7
- Only power-up runes to +12 if they are at least 4* and with good stats/substats
- Collect rewards from Events, they give plenty of resources
- Continue upgrading your Sanctum of Energy, Mysterious Plant and Sky Tribe Totem