Scroll of Light & Darkness, Temple of Wishes
Leader Skill: The Attack Speed of ally monsters is increased by 33% in Guild Battles
PvP in general
Worth skilling up but isn’t necessary to fulfill its role
|Level||Min||Lv. 35||Min||Lv. 40|
|SPD||CRI RATE%||CRI DMG%||RES%||ACC%|
Leader Skill (Awakened): The Attack Speed of ally monsters is increased by 33% in Guild Battles.
Skill 1: Preemptive Strike [190%ATK x 2]: Attacks the enemy 2 times. Each attack has a 25% chance to increase the enemy’s chance of dealing a Glancing Hit for 2 turns.
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Harmful Effect Rate +5%
- Lv.4 Harmful Effect Rate +5%
- Lv.5 Damage +10%
- Lv.6 Harmful Effect Rate +15%
Skill 2: Cutting Magic [280%ATK x 2]: Attacks an enemy and then removes all beneficial effects on the target. If there are 2 or more beneficial effects removed, the Attack Bar of all allies will be increased by 20% each. (Reusable in 4 turns)
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Cooltime Turn -1
Skill 3: Best Partner (Passive): A randomly selected ally also attacks when you attack during your turn. [Automatic Effect]
|Early Game||Swift/Energy/Focus||SPD / HP% / HP%|
|End-game||Violent/Will||SPD/ HP% / HP%|
Overview: Sylvia is a fantastic monster as her passive (Best Partner) integrates a unique skill that randomly selects an ally to attack with her during the use of either the first or second skill on her every turn. This passive allows monsters to 1) Perform a single first-skill strike 2) apply their first-skill buff or debuff (if available), and 3) reduces the skill cool down from the randomly selected ally. The rest of her skills are standard Neo Stone Agent skills that provide support abilities such as strip, glance, and ATB boost (when buffs are successfully removed). By design, Sylvia is a support monster with low base attack stats(692), and thus don’t expect her to pack a heavy punch with her low stats and multipliers. In a similar comparison, her role resembles Verdehile’s niche services as a support that quickens the team but without providing damage or any support skills such as cleanse, heal and/or buffs. Sylvia truly shines in Guild War’s and Siege War’s with her 33% speed lead and there are quite a few impressive combinations that work really well with her.
Dungeons: Although Sylvia doesn’t drastically shine in any of the dungeons, she is at the least – viable. More so in Necropolis 10 than in the other dungeons, however, other monsters are simply more accessible and effective.
Raids: Sylvia does not provide the damage or support skills that are essential for effective raid compositions. Not recommended.
PvP: Not super effective for arena offense or defense compositions as mostly speed clears are preferable for rush hour or farming, but viable if you enjoy slowly picking defenses apart. Unfortunately the speed lead is not applicable in arena, otherwise she would be more widely prevalent in the arena format.
In Guild and Siege War’s is where Sylvia truly shines. The 33% speed lead with her passive skill are two extremely powerful advantages that she brings into the fold. The key to prevailing with Sylvia is choosing who to bring with her and which monsters that can be extremely effective with shortened cool downs and first-skill spams. Sylvia paired with Orion’s wreck havoc across the board as more harmless pranks can be quite overwhelming.
Effective combos are pairing her with: 1) Orion/Perna 2) Orion/Theomars, 3) Molong/Harmonia, and 4) Molong/Ritesh/Fengyan.
In actuality, Sylvia can work well with almost any combination of monsters. There’s really an unlimited amount of effective combinations that can be paired together with Sylvia dependent upon your need and opponents composition. The greatest part is finding and testing them all out. Other great choices that you could consider are Racunni, Chandra, Woosa, Zeratu, and Velajuel
How To Counter: As per most passive based monsters, oblivion should render her nearly powerless in terms of her passive talent and overall effectiveness. But be sure to either out speed or out tank the entire combination. CC is extremely effective against Sylvia as she can’t bring CC’d units with her.
- For YOLO compositions, it can be effective to not use a healer if you are confident that you can burst 1-2 monsters down from the start. As Sylvia does not provide heals, buff, or cleanse. There is a good chance that your team will be locked down, or out-sustained. Consider bringing self sustaining allies to cover more ground and increase chances of success.
- Sylvia is extremely powerful on exceptionally fast Violent runes. Aim for plus 250-260 total speed with a bit of accuracy for her support skills and the rest into defensive stats such as HP/DEF/RESIST.
- Essentially every time Sylvia moves a turn, she boost 100% ATB to one random ally monster and allows that monster to shorten their cool down per turn – metaphorically speaking. Subsequent violent procs will assuredly devastate opponents.
- Pairing up Sylvia with monsters with built-in first skill stuns is quite effective
- Be aware that if your other monsters are suffering from inability effects, this will also decrease the damage output and debuff percentage chance.
- Sylvia is a good counter to monsters that provide multiple buffs as her second skill will remove them and add 20% ATB gauge to your team. In this connection, she is effective against the likes of Fengyan, Rakan, and Woosa.
Beneficial effect removal
High defense and HP
Best speed leader skill in guild wars
Easy to combo with other monsters
Doesn't do much on her own
Low base attack