Fire

Fire Occult Girl (Rica)

by Scepter on April 12, 2018
Fire Occult Girl (Rica)
April 23, 2019

Overview
Grade

★★★★★

Type

Attack

Get from

Mystical Scroll, Mystical Summon, Fire Scroll, Legendary Scroll, Temple of Wishes

Awakened

Increases Accuracy by 25%

Good For

ToA, PvP in general, Fodder Farmer, Secret Dungeon clears

Skill Up Info

Worth fully skilling up with Devilmons

Badges

fire water wind light dark

Stats

Grade ★★★★★ ★★★★★★
Level Min Lv. 35 Min Lv. 40
Normal
HP 4140 7020 5625 9555
ATK 309 525 420 714
DEF 271 460 368 626
Awakened
HP 4425 7500 6000 10215
ATK 356 605 484 823
DEF 276 468 375 637

 

SPD CRI RATE% CRI DMG% RES% ACC%
Unawakened 104 15 50 15 0
Awakened 105 15 50 15 25

 

Skills

Leader Skill: Increases the Critical Rate of ally monsters with Fire attribute by 38%.

Skill 1: Help Me, Teddy [380%ATK]: Summons a teddy bear to attack the enemy. This attack has a 25% chance to forcibly put the enemy to sleep for 1 turn. Acquires another turn if the enemy falls asleep.

  • Lv.2 Damage +5%
  • Lv.3 Damage +5%
  • Lv.4 Harmful Effect Rate +5%
  • Lv.5 Damage +10%
  • Lv.6 Damage +10%

Skill 2: Toy Knight [340%ATK]: Summons a doll knight and attacks all enemies. Stuns them for 1 turn and decreases their Attack Speed for 2 turns with a 50% chance each. (Reusable in 4 turns)

  • Lv.2 Damage +10%
  • Lv.3 Damage +10%
  • Lv.4 Damage +10%
  • Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +10%

Skill 3: Fire Guardian Angel [170%ATK x 3]: Attacks all enemies 3 times. Each attack will decrease their Attack Speed and inflict Continuous Damage for 2 turns. (Reusable in 5 turns)

  • Lv.2 Damage +10%
  • Lv.3 Damage +10%
  • Lv.4 Damage +10%
  • Lv.5 Cooltime Turn -1

Rune Recommendations

Early Game – Fatal / Blade (ATK% / CRIT R% / ATK%)

End Game – Despair / Will (SPD / HP% / HP%)

Nuker – Rage / Will (SPD or ATK% / CRIT D% / ATK%)

ToAH – Despair / Focus (SPD / HP% / HP%)

Site Review

Dungeons:
  • GB10 – Not recommended. Rica’s fire attribute makes her pretty much useless in GB10. Even if you’re strapped for monsters, I see no reason why the Fire Occult Girl will be worth the consideration here.
  • DB10 – (Rating: 7/10) Can be situationally useful in early game comps. Her strong CC capabilities gives your team the needed breathing room to work through the trash waves, while her DoTs and slow are extremely useful against the final boss. As a proper end-game AoE nuker though? I don’t recommend it.
  • NB10 – Not recommended. Her lack of proper multi-hits makes her a weak damage dealer in this area of the game. Easier-to-obtain options like the Liches will do a far better job.
Scenario:

(Rating: 9/10) A strong monster for a fodder farmer. Double AoEs is amazing in speeding up your Faimon Hell or Tamor Desert farming, while her stuns, slow and DoTs gives her the slight edge over other farmers.

Raids:
  • R5 – Not recommended. DoTs are absolutely useless here, and stuns won’t do anything against the boss. I guess she can provide the slow debuff, but that’s where Hwa comes in anyway.
  • Element Rift Beasts – Not recommended. Apart from the Fire Beast, AoE nukers are pretty much useless. They don’t provide the necessary firepower nor support, and Rica is no different.
ToA:

(Rating: 9.5/10) Step aside Baretta, there’s a new King in town (Queen?). Rica’s stuns, slow and DoTs gives her a noticeable advantage over the famous King of ToA. Sure, she might not have a complete attack bar reduction, but everything else more than makes up for it. She’s one of the best crowd controllers and DoT machines in the game and can put other ToA staples to shame. Pair her up with the Water Homunculus for some increased DoTs mayhem, but she’ll do perfectly fine on her own.

PvP:

(Rating: 9/10) With the amount of DoTs she can dish out, she’s a perfect monster against non-water heavy comps. While a damage dealer set-up is likely the first to come into your mind when you see her stats and skills, most end-game players favor using her on a pure support build instead. Her main source of damage will thus stem from her 3rd Skill’s DoTs, while her other debuffs gives her control over the enemy’s movements. Many players will pair her up with other DoT monsters like the Water Homunculus here, or other powerful CC monsters like Okeanos (whose 2nd Skill’s cooldown reset comes in handy against Theomars and Pernas). From there, the last thing the enemy wants is to Violent out of their stuns and be greeted with a double Dot death.

How to Counter:

Common sense dictates immunity as your best counter against Rica. Her entire kit is essentially useless against immunity buffs, and with most being built as a support, she won’t be able to do anything at all. If you can make your immunity last, you can focus on her allies first. If not, make sure she’s down before she can do her thing. Avoid bringing squishy monsters like Lushen against her, since she’ll easily survive any Amputation Magics going her way and counter with enough CC to solo her way to victory. Don’t be another one of her ToA victims here.

Other advice:
  • Accuracy is always appreciated on her. Fortunately, she gets a 25% bonus on awakening, making it very easy to get some good amount on her.
  • Minimize the amount of Crit Rate on her if you’re using her solely for ToA. However, if you’re planning on using her in PvP, getting more can give her the little extra damage she needs.
Editor’s Note:

Opinions of Rica have changed greatly over the years. Sometimes, she’s considered the best in her family, while other times she’s seen as the worst. These days though, Rica has shown her skills as one of the best AoE DoT machines in the game. This ability extends even to PvP, where an unprepared team will be helpless against her continuous stuns and have their HP slowly trickled down with every move they make. She’s an amazing monster to have, especially in PvE settings like ToA and the monthly Hall of Heroes, where she can give you the ease of mind to auto most of the content there.

Patch Notes

Updated on 2015.10.28

  • Fire Guardian Angel – The cooltime has been reduced by 1 turn. (6 turns -> 5 turns)
  • Help Me, Teddy – Damage has been increased by 5%

Updated on 2016.3.31

  • Help Me, Teddy: Puts the target to sleep with a 20% chance -> 25% chance
  • Fire Guardian Angel: Damage increased by 6%. Decreases the Attack Speed with a 30% chance -> 40% chance. Guaranteed Critical Hits to enemies with 30% HP or less -> Inflicts Continuous Damage for 2 turns with a 40% chance.

Updated 2017.8.30

  • Toy Knight: Added Effect: Decreases the Attack Speed for 2 turns
  • Fire Guardian Angel: 40% -> 100% chance to decrease their Attack Speed and inflict Continuous Damage for 2 turns
  • Fire Guardian Angel: [Skill Level Modification] The increase in the harmful effect activation rate has been modified to the increase in amount of inflicted damage.
Positives

Amazing in ToA
Many debuffs
Strong counter against Double Lushen if built tanky

Negatives

Hard-countered by Immunity
Base HP is average at best

Rating
Our Rating
User Rating
Rate Here
Dungeon
8.5
8.8
Arena Offence
8.5
8.8
Arena Defense
8.5
8.3
Guild War Offence
9.0
9.1
Guild War Defense
8.5
8.8
ToA
9.5
9.2
Raids
8.5
Overall Value
9.0
9.1
Notes

Powerful ToA monster with some great PvP usages.

8.9
Total Score
8.9
User Score
419 ratings
You have rated this
What do you think of this Monster?
Keep it!
5%
Food
4%
The Best
88%
Meh
2%
comments
Leave a reply
  • luis
    April 28, 2019 at 4:17 pm

    I have to choose between Rica and Zaiross from blessing of summon… Which one do I choose?

  • TNSiliel
    January 4, 2019 at 2:15 am
    Positives

    Stun, stun, and stun. Dot. Dot like crazy. Slow, and Dot. More Dot. Did I mention stun?

    On a side note, effin' cute.

    Negatives

    Yep, she really is squishy.

    Rating
    Dungeon9.5
    Arena Offence7
    Guild War Offence8
    ToA10
    Raids9
    Overall Value9.5

    I just pulled her a short while ago from the new blessing (bit late for holidays event, but entirely worth it). Ratings are from the one one of my friends has, always a treat borrowing her.

    I’m still levelling mine in Faimon. However, I do have a short few sentences to say on her performance (more like one word): mental. She’s absolutely crazy on recommended Despair / Focus. Lil’ red squares poppin’ up left and right.

    If you’re lucky enough to find her, keep her. If you get her as a choice in this blessing whatchamacallit, choose her, regardless of what’s on the other side, UNLESS it’s another absolutely crazy monster (I gave up Pungbaek btw, without a single second’s hesitation).

  • August 23, 2018 at 5:57 pm

    Buy top notch quality proxies – Entirely nameless ELITE private proxies using TOP level of basic safety simply out of ProxyBig.com

Leave a Response

Dungeon
Arena Offence
Arena Defense
Guild War Offence
Guild War Defense
ToA
Raids
Overall Value

News
 
Take Our COVID-19 Survey
March 24, 2020
Community
READ STORY
Translate »