|Level||Min||Lv. 35||Min||Lv. 40|
|SPD||CRI RATE%||CRI DMG%||RES%||ACC%|
Leader Skill: Increases the Resistance of ally monsters by 41%.
Skill 1: Dark Bolt [460%ATK]: Shoots a Dark arrow at the enemy.
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +15%
Skill 2: Dark Storm [90%ATK x 4]: Summons a storm of darkness to attack all enemies 4 times. Each attack has a 5% chance to stun the enemy. (Reusable in 4 turns)
- Lv.2 Harmful Effect Rate +5%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.6 Cooltime Turn -1
Skill 3: Decimate [480%ATK]: Attacks all enemies with the power of darkness. This skill deals 100% increased Critical Damage on Critical Hits and the defeated enemy can’t be revived. (Reusable in 6 turns)
- Lv.2 Damage +10%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Cooltime Turn -1
Early Game – Fatal / Bade (ATK% / CRIT R% or CRIT D% / ATK%)
End Game – Rage / Will (SPD or ATK% / CRIT D% / ATK%)
- GB10 – (Rating: 7/10) A somewhat viable AoE nuker for GB10. His long cooldowns, however, makes it difficult for him to be super reliable. His single-target damage nuking capabilities is also near non-existent, making him pretty weak against the boss stage. On the plus side, his stuns on his 2nd Skill can be useful for newer players in controlling the trash waves.
- DB10 – (Rating: 7/10) His viability here is pretty much identical to GB10. Use him here as a standard AoE nuker for the trash waves, but he won’t make spotlights against the boss.
- NB10 – Not recommended. Grogen’s lack of reliable multi-hits and debuffs makes him a poor choice here.
(Rating 9/10) A decently-runed Grogen can one-shot every stage in Faimon Hell, making him a good option as a fodder farmer. You can also use him as a trophy Rep monster, so win-win I guess.
- R5 – Not recommended. A quick run through of his skills indicates zero debuffs for the boss. Bringing Grogen here will only Decimate yourself.
- Element Rift Beasts – Not recommended. There are much better options out there that offers better debuffs and damage.
(Rating 6.5/10) A dark AoE nuker with the added bonus of having a 2nd Skill stun. Grogen can be used if you’re lacking alternatives, but there’s really no position he holds that other better monsters can’t offer.
(Rating: 8/10) This is pretty much the only place you’ll want to use him. Grogen’s shining use is his 3rd Skill’s immense damage, if you’ll even call it that. I’m not sure if the skill is bugged or something, but for the unique “100% increased Critical Damage”, Grogen doesn’t exactly put out show-stopping damage. Sure, he hits hard, with a behomoth 480% AoE multiplier, but that requires a heavy set-up of both a defense-break and attack buff, pretty much forcing you to pair him up with Galleon for him to shine. His Fire counterpart, Zaiross, boasts a larger multiplier, better base attack and offers a super rare AoE cooldown reset, making the Dark Dragon pale in comparison to his uses.
The only way you’ll ever get any use out of him end-game is in a Shield + Will comp with Galleon and a reliable stripper. He’ll be able to Decimate any monster in Arena with the right set-up, apart from known tanks like Eladriel, Ritesh, Ariel, Hwadam etc. You should definitely maximise his damage with Rage, since he’s impractical to be built on most other sets. His main advantages over other AoE nukers is his typing, which allows full coverage over all elements, and that his damage is barely sufficient to function as a single damage dealer. Again, just be careful of any monster with more than 45k HP, it’ll be pretty difficult for him to kill them.
How to Counter:
Grogens are few and far between in Defense. You’re more likely to see practically any of the other Dragons besides him here. He doesn’t hit super hard without defense break, so immunity is all you need if you do happen to chance upon one. You can also just easily outspeed this 95 base speed Dragon and wipe him off, since nobody will build him as a tank. You shouldn’t have any issues taking him down.
- Despair works to an extend to synergize with his 2nd Skill, but you should be looking elsewhere if you need a stunner
- Thanks to his decent base HP and defense, you can always get some bulk on him so that he can survive in a Shield Will comp
For a Dragon that looks this amazing, Grogen doesn’t really live up to his damage capabilities. You need to have a really high rune quality for his damage to shine, but this always begs the question: Why not just use something else? Grogen doesn’t exactly have the best of a base attack, and his awkward resistance leader and awakening doesn’t match the rest of his kit. He is suppose to be this absolute beast of a damage dealer, but something went wrong when the developers released him to the game. Newer players can benefit using him as a standard nuker early on, when Will runes aren’t prevalent, but Grogen eventually suffers the same issues most other nukers face. If you happen to summon him, I recommend just putting him on hold until he eventually gets reworked.
7/18/16 – Dark Storm Damage increased by 13%