|Level||Min||Lv. 30||Min||Lv. 35||Min||Lv. 40|
|SPD||CRI RATE%||CRI DMG%||RES%||ACC%|
Leader Skill (Awakened): Increases the Attack Speed of ally monsters with Fire attribute by 30%.
Skill 1: Ninja Stars [(SPD + 145) / 0.65%ATK]: Throws ninja stars to attack and inflicts Continuous Damage for 1 turn. This attack will deal more damage according to your Attack Speed.
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Damage +5%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Damage +10%
Skill 2: Dragon Attack [360%ATK x 2]: Throws an uppercut punch to an enemy 2 times. Each attack has a 50% chance to stun the enemy. (Reusable in 3 turn(s))
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Harmful Effect Rate +5%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.6 Damage +10%
- Lv.7 Cooltime Turn -1
Skill 3: Narrow Escape (Passive): Offsets the incoming damage that may cause you to die and increases your Attack Bar by 50%. This effect is activated only once in 1 turn. [Automatic Effect]
Early Game – Fatal / Blade (SPD / CRIT R% / ATK%)
End Game – Vampire / Blade or Nemesis (SPD / CRIT D% / ATK%)
- Ninja Stars: Inflicts damage that’s proportionate to the Attack Power -> Inflicts damage that’s proportionate to the Attack Power and Attack Speed.
- Dragon Attack: Increases inflicted damage by 20%
- Narrow Escape (Passive): [Skill Modification]
- Previously: Offsets the incoming damage that may cause you to die with a 50% chance and increases the attack gauge by 50%.
- Changed to: Offsets the incoming damage that may cause you to die and increases your Attack Bar by 50%. This effect is activated only once in 1 turn.
- GB10 – (Not recommended) Garo has element disadvantage against GB10 and there are other farmable units more fit to fulfill the attacker/DOT role. His wind counterpart, Orochi is prevalently used here.
- DB10 – (Rating: 9/10) After the 2017.8.30 Patch update, Garo is now a good and fun unit to use in DB10. With many end-game players successfully proving that Garo can now solo clear DB10, he is a strong option as the team’s Damage Dealer. With skill 1 providing continuous damage and scales damage on attack speed, and the famous 3rd skill that keeps him immortal as long as he gets quick turns and recovering HP each attack. Due to this passive skill, you can focus on ATK, SPD, CR and CD stat without worrying about HP and DEF.
- NB10 – (Not recommended) Other multi-hit units outshine him. Provides no utility.
(Rating: 9/10) Chiruka Hell stage 1 farmer. With Vampire/Blade or Nemesis set and an element advantage, he can easily recover HP and avoid fatal damages. The reason why it is not a 10 rating is due to single target attacks which makes him slow in clearing the stage.
- R5 – (Not recommended) Continuous damage does not work against boss and Garo can easily be oblivioned that causes his passive to be disabled.
- Element Rift Beasts – (Not recommended) Only viable in Wind Dungeon but does not contribute well for high damage points to get S-SSS rank.
(Not recommended) Garo’s skills are more inclined on PvP and Dungeons. Although he provides continuous damage on skill 1, other monsters can do it better with AOE continuous damage. Plus Garo’s skill 2 and 3 is not very useful in ToA.
(Rating: 7.8/10) Definitely used on situational Offense where he can be a meat shield against enemy water nukers and one-shot nukers. When he receives an attack that causes fatal damage, 3rd skill passive activates to offset the damage and gives 50% ATB increase. He can then counterattack and kill through repeated process.
How to Counter:
Garo’s 3rd skill activates only once per turn, meaning it can offset the 1st fatal damage but the next attack can kill him if he still hasn’t made a turn. One good example of a counter is Theomars. His 2nd skill hits 3x and when the 1st attack triggers the passive, 2nd hit can potentially kill Garo. Similar to Violent procs, Garo will have a hard time surviving against enemies with multi-hit skills. Damage Over Time (DOTs) and Oblivion are also known weaknesses of Garo.
- Build Garo without additional HP and DEF stats. The whole point of his passive is to build him speedy and a glass cannon, and since he will receive 50% ATB when his passive procs, he can steal turns and reset his passive skill if he is fast enough.
- With Vampire runes and high speed he could solo most PvE contents (Chiruka Remains, DB10)
He is a niche unit in offense and be sure not to bring him vs. multi hits.
After the buff on Garo last 2017.8.30 update, he is now a viable and fun monster to build. He became a convenient niche unit against single hit attackers like Rakan, Laika and the likes. Due to his 3rd skill, the best way to build him is to be speedy with high damage. And since he has the capability to offset fatal damage per turn, you don’t need HP and DEF stats on him. Similarly, never use Garo against enemies with multi-hits, dots, and oblivion.
He is also a fun toy for end-game players since he can solo most PvE contents when equipped with OP runes. Players have already shown he can be viable in clearing DB10 as a solo unit, just rune him Vampire and Nemesis or Blade sets to recover lost HP and survive against continuous damage. He is worth fully skilling but use family skill ups instead of Devilmons.