Fire Samurai (Jun)

Base Form

Awakened Form


Get From Mystical Scroll, Mystical Summon, Fire Scroll, Legendary Scroll, Temple of Wishes
Awakened Increases Critical Rate by 15%
Good For Arena Offense
Skill Up Info Worth skilling up but isn’t necessary to fulfill its role

fire water wind light dark


Grade ★★★★ ★★★★★ ★★★★★★
Level Min Lv. 30 Min Lv. 35 Min Lv. 40
HP 2835 4815 3855 6540 5235 8895
ATK 216 368 295 500 400 681
DEF 171 291 233 396 316 538
HP 2670 4545 3630 6180 4935 8400
ATK 279 475 380 646 517 878
DEF 171 291 233 396 316 538


Unawakened 102 15 50 15 0
Awakened 103 30 50 15 0



Skill 1: Wield [400%ATK]: Quickly draws the sword to attack the enemy, decreasing the target’s Defense for 2 turns with a 50% chance. This skill has a 20% chance to activate the Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf, and the activation chance increases by 10% additionally when you land a Critical Hit.

  • Lv.2 Damage +5%
  • Lv.3 Damage +10%
  • Lv.4 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
  • Lv.5 Damage +10%
  • Lv.6 Harmful Effect Rate +15%

Skill 2: Double Slash [270%ATK x2]: Swiftly attacks the enemy 2 times, leaving Continuous Damage for 2 turns. This skill has a 30% chance to activate the Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf, and the activation chance increases by 20% additionally when you land a Critical Hit. (Reusable in 4 turns)

  • Lv.2 Damage +10%
  • Lv.3 Damage +10%
  • Lv.4 Cooltime Turn -1

Skill 3: Flame Slash [210%ATK x 2]: Attacks all enemies 2 times with flaming sword energy. Each attack has a 40% chance to decrease the enemies’ Defense for 2 turns. This skill has a 70% chance to activate the Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf, and the activation chance increases by 30% additionally when you land a Critical Hit. (Reusable in 5 turns)

  • Lv.2 Damage +10%
  • Lv.3 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
  • Lv.4 Damage +10%
  • Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
  • Lv.6 Cooltime Turn -1

Skill 4: Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf [580%ATK (120x Lv)]: Attacks all enemies with a secret skill that deals substantial damage that ignores all beneficial effects that reduces the inflicted damage. Generates a shield which is proportionate to your level and lasts for 1 turn if Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf is activated.

  • Lv.2 Damage +10%
  • Lv.3 Damage +10%
  • Lv.4 Damage +10%

Rune Recommendations

Starter Nuker Fatal or Rage + Blade ATK% / CRIT D% / ATK%
End-Game Attacker Fatal or Rage + Will ATK% or SPD / CRIT D% / ATK%
Alternative Sets Despair or Violent + Blade or Will ATK% or SPD / CRIT D% / ATK%

Site Review

Dungeons: While his damage is certainly attractive, Jun is a poor fit for almost all of the dungeons in Cairos. His element disadvantage greatly increases his risk of dying while reducing his damage output in GB10, while his squishiness makes him at best a standard nuker in DB10. As for NB10, the few number of multi-hits and the fact that his 4th Skill can’t go through the boss’ shield doesn’t make him any better than most attackers too. All in all, there is little reason to use him here, regardless of whatever stage you are at the game.

Raids: Unlike monsters such as Ardella, Arang and Xiao Lin, Jun’s utility does not warrant a use for him here. While he does offer good debuffs such as defense and attack break, the low success rates for them as well as long cooldown on the attack break makes his debuffs pretty inconsistent. Like the rest of the Samurais, you should not be using Jun here.

ToA: Jun works as a standard damager in ToAN. His AoE attack break can come in handy to reduce the enemy’s damage to help your team’s survivability, which is especially crucial if you’re a new player. However, mid to end-game players will have little use for Jun here, as you’re unlikely to need attack breaks to survive any slew of attacks from ToA monsters, especially since monsters like Briand offers that and more.

PvP: All things considered, Jun’s skillset makes him much more practical as a PvP AoE nuker than any supportive build. He offers a surprisingly high base attack and decent AoE multipliers, which for a fire-nuker is extremely hard to come by, with the only other monster below 5* being Cassandra and to an extent, Hwahee, Hong Hua and Clara. If you’re looking for a monster like Jun for your AO, he is definitely worth considering, especially since he gets a good 15% crit rate on awakening.

How to Counter

You’re much more unlikely to come across a Jun in defense. But if you do, most nukers are more than enough to counter him. His poor base HP and defense pretty much means that a defense break or attack buff on your nuker is sufficient to kill him in a single hit. Alternatively, you can bring attack debuffers like Colleen or defense buffers like Megan to greatly reduce the damage Jun can deal.

Other advice:

  • Once you’re satisfied with your attack and crit damage, you should try prioritizing speed and a bit of accuracy for Jun to ensure his debuffs can land
  • Frankly speaking, there isn’t that big of a need for Jun to have skill ups. You’re very unlikely to use Jun solely for the debuffs he provide, and the cooldown reductions are irrelevant since you’re trying to take out the enemy in the first turn. As such, while I do not recommend feeding devilmons to Jun, you can opt to give some extra samurai skill ups if you have them available, or just save them up if you’re lucky enough to get one of the L&D Samurais

Editor’s Note

While Jun can be an excellent starting monster for new players, one main issue with Jun is is the skill ups he needs, being a whopping 16. Most players would much rather wait to summon the Light or Dark Samurai before investing their excess samurai skill-ups instead of building Jun. Tosi and Sige not only has stronger multipliers and base attack than Jun, but boasts an additional 25% attack if the enemy has a weakening effect, aka defense break. Despite his attractive base attack, crit rate awakening and decent multipliers, you’re still unlikely to find a unique use out of him.


Additional Notes

Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf

  • Goes through all shields, including Chloe’s Fanatic and Rina / Khmun’s Passive Shields
  • Is not affected by cooldown resets or the silence debuff

Patch Notes

Updated: 2016.3.31

  • Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf: Additional Effect: Generates a shield proportionate to your level for 1 turn when [Sword of the Supreme Sky Wolf] is activated.
Our Rating
User Rating

Monster Rating

  • Dungeon - /10
  • Arena Offense - 8.5/10
  • Arena Defense - /10
  • Guild War Offense - 7.5/10
  • Guild War Defense - /10
  • ToA - 6/10
  • Raid - /10


Rare AoE Fire nuker that’s great for PvP Offense if you don’t have anything better

Comments Rating 5.74/10 (14 reviews)


– Crit rate on awakening makes him easier to rune
– Good multipliers all-around
– Great base attack of 878


– Below average supportive base stats
– 3rd Skill’s multipliers and damage is vastly outshined by the Light and Dark Samurais
– Extremely devilmon / skill up hungry
– Unreliable debuffs

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Translate »