|Level||Min||Lv. 35||Min||Lv. 40|
|SPD||CRI RATE%||CRI DMG%||RES%||ACC%|
Leader Skill: Increases the Defense of ally monsters in the Arena by 44%.
Skill 1: Essence Explosion [410%ATK]: Attacks the enemy to inflict damage and weakens the Defense for 2 turns with a 30% chance.
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.5 Damage +10%
- Lv.6 Harmful Effect Rate +15%
Skill 2: Storm of Midnight [((Spd + 20) / 0.4)%ATK]: Attacks all enemies with a powerful storm. The damage increases proportionate to the enemy’s attack speed. (Reusable in 3 turns)
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
Skill 3: Wind of Changes: Removes all harmful and beneficial effects of all allies and enemies and increases the attack gauge of all allies by 30%. This effect can’t be resisted. (Reusable in 6 turns)
- Lv.2 Cooltime Turn -1
- Lv.3 Cooltime Turn -1
|Early Game||Swift, Any Subset||SPD / HP% or ATK% CRD / HP% or ATK%|
|End-game||Swift/Despair, Will/Fight/Determination||SPD / HP% or ATK% CRD / HP% or ATK%|
Dungeons: For the most part, Tiana is not viable for dungeons.
Raids: Bringing Tiana to Raids enacts legitimate grounds for immediate group removal.
PvP: Tiana’s presence is well represented in every player-versus-player scenario. More so in Arena offence due to the control aspect of the game in which case you have full control of which monsters you are placing into battle without the worrisome dilemma of her being banned.
There’s traditionally only one general guideline in building Tiana and that’s being as fast as possible to compensate for her low base speed of 96. All the while trying to maintain respectable defensive measures for damage soakage. Considering all things are constant in terms of rune quality with your opposition and depending on your rank bracket; more often than not, Tiana’s aren’t the frontrunners to outspeed other ATB gauge boosters such as the likes of Bernard, Kabilla or Orion. Unfortunately, there is too large a gap in the base speed differences, and facing in synch speed-tuned teams, would most certainly result with imminent defeat.
Thus Tiana actually defines her group as either one of two roles: 1) ATB Booster and opener: Outspeed your opponent and unload or 2) Tank: Full team tankage with shield and will runes and then unload. Effectively, both roles should see your entire team outfitted with Will and Shield runes for Crowd Control immunity and Armor breaks. In scenario 2, if or when the entirety of their group has advanced a turn (or two), Tiana can then unleash “Winds of Change” to reset the board and allow your team to reinstate their full potential combo. In today’s meta, popular team compositions consist of Galleon and two AOE nukers/bombers. However, chance of success is heavily reliant upon armor break successfully landing.
On defense, there are instances where Tiana is present in combos with other ATB Gauge boosters, Galleon and Zaiross/any AOE nuker. These combos can be effective but are usually easily countered with the knowledge of Tiana’s low base speed.
Similar offense and defensive teams are also used in Guild Wars, but for the most part, are significantly less effective and risky due to the dominance of high HP monsters. Seara, with bomber and Tiana teams are quite handy for certain oppositions but is also hit or mess due to accuracy/resistance woes.
How to counter:
- To counter any defense with Tiana, the key is to punish with greater speed (with speed lead for insurance), a faster ATB booster, and granted your follow up attack is properly speed tuned.
- Amduat is also another specific monster that discourages Tiana wombo combos.
- Double nemesis healers can also pose a serious threat with perpetual sustainability.
- For rune builds, I suggested Swift or Despair as this is mostly dependent on your rune quality. But as mentioned before, Tiana should be fast, however, be aware that you may not require excessive speed with the “Tank and Spank” approach. If you can acquire high quality Despair runes at plus 130 Speed, it provides Tiana with a CC option for her first and second skills which can be invaluable in certain situations.
- I had also suggested ATK% builds instead of HP% for more yolo approaches. And thus if you are positively sure your Tiana will outspeed the opposition, it’s more advantageous for adding more punch to all attacks and less of a need to soak any damage if they are already dead.
- Despite what some may say regarding how she does not require skill ups to be effective. I beg to differ, as every little bit counts in the long run. A successful/unsuccessful armor break can cost the entire match. Although her “Winds of Change” is irresistible, your combo is also heavily reliant upon Galleon’s Armor Break for success. When the match isn’t won after two turns, Tiana’s armor break might be your last bastion of hope.
- Tiana is mostly an End-Game monster. Without surrounding her with the right supporting cast, she simply cannot shine on her own.