This guide will give players an idea of some of the most popular Rift Raid units in the game. There are definitely other units out there that can work, but based on my experience, these are the more common and effective units that everyone should be aiming to use. While the alternative units shown below are not “recommended”, do not feel bad using them if you lack the unit selection / rune quality to use the recommended units.
Recommended Unit Review
Before we get started, i wanted to share my thoughts on Essential Core Units that over 90% of the Summoners War population should focus on and use.
Colleen: Violent/Revenge or Revenge/Revenge/Revenge – SPD / HP / DEF – Aim for ~200 Spd and 70 Resistance
Lisa: Violent/Endure – SPD / HP / DEF – Aim for ~200 Spd and 70 Resistance
Hwa: Vampire/Blade or Standard DPS Sets (Fatal/Swift/Rage) – ATK / CD / ATK or SPD / CD / ATK – High resistance is not required but the more the better.
Xiao Lin: Vampire/Blade for Front Line or Standard DPS Sets (Fatal/Swift/Rage) if back line – ATK / CD / ATK (or HP / DEF) – High resistance is not required but the more the better. If you build on Vampire you can have slightly lower front line / back line stats.
For your final 2 units, you have a lot of flexibility based on your teammates and rune quality. You have the option to add another healer/cleaner, a unit with a leader skill if needed, a utility unit like Darion or Dias, or maybe even another damage dealer. Below is a summary of different units that many end game players use. Please note that while there are several other units that could work, these are the ones that are typically used and are most effective.
Healers – Your team should consist of 1-3 of these units (~200 spd)
- Colleen (Core Unit) – This unit should be on your team 99% of the time. She offers weaken attack, heal block, and also heals with attack buff. It’s essential to use Colleen as she is one of the few units with weaken attack on her skill one. Many teams wipe when they fail to weaken attack during the final phase.
- Mihyang – This is the next best healer to pair with Colleen. She offers glancing debuff, does solid damage with her 2nd skill, and has a heal that removes 1 turn of debuffs and stuns.
- Belladeon – For people who do not have Mihyang, Bella is the next best unit for team synergy. Weaken defense on her auto attack makes her highly desirable for the team. She also has a small ATB boost built into her heal.
- Chasun – Chasun is also an excellent healer that provides attack buff and glancing debuff. She provides more survivability than Belladeon. Most people will have her runed violent already, which is acceptable for Raid.
Alternative Options (Not Recommended, but Work!)
- Delphoi – This unit could also be considered a cleanser but she does a little bit of everything. She can slow, heal, cleanse debuffs and provides immunity. Many people however dislike having units that provide “unnecessary” buffs that can be stolen and heal the boss.
- Emma – Emma provides your team a ton of survivability, however similar to Delphoi, many people dislike having units that provide buffs that can be stolen and heals the boss.
- Praha – I do not recommend this unit unless you need a Resistance Leader. She does not offer any debuffs, although she has a solid heal that can help you be more aggressive later on with your unit selection.
- Ariel – If you are struggling to have a tanky healer up front, Ariel can help out. However due to no debuffs on his first skill, he is the least recommended of the group as all he does is heal.
Cleansers/Hybrids – Your team should consist of 1-2 of these units (~200 spd)
- Lisa (Core Unit) – Lisa is widely considered the best cleanser for R5. She provides a glancing debuff and has a team up skill that cleanses all debuffs and then randomly selects three units to attack with her. Most people prefer her over Kona as she is able to add a lot of damage with her team up ability, however the main reason why LIsa is so important is to ensure that you land multiple debuffs on the boss. Cool down reduction of her 3rd ability is essential.
- Anavel – This unit does a little bit of everything. She has a huge heal that cleanses and also has a three turn weaken defense debuff. Cool down reduction of her 2nd ability is essential.
- Konamiya – This is the F2P cleanser that everyone should start using. He has improved AI now and also has a small heal that can help your team sustain damage.
- Amarna – With the recent buff in December 2016, Amarna is now one of the best raid units in the game. The only problem is that he is a rare LD unit. He can weaken defense, heal block, brand, cleanse, heal and REVIVE!
Alternative Options (Not Recommended but Work!)
- Fedora – Fedora used to be a key unit on my raid team. Heal block, Defense Leader Skill, Weaken Attack and Defense, and a cleanse ability that provides immunity.
- Dona – This unit is able to decrease the Attack Speed and Defense, and also has an ability that cleanses and provides a small ATB boost.
- Raviti – This tanky little unit can decrease ATB and attack speed. In addition to this, he can also cleanse his allies from debuffs and casts a shield on them.
- Jamie – I do not highly recommend this unit, however he does offer a cleanse ability with an attack buff.
Other Core Units – Your team should consist of 1-3 of these units
- Dias – This is the recommended unit to bring if you need a Resistance Leader skill. He provides heal block, weakens attack power and defense, and his passive provides decreases the chances of receiving a Critical Hit by 50% and reduces the damage that other allies receive by 15%. This unit should be built super tanky with Revenge runes. DEF / DEF / HP is a standard build since high speed is not required. Once you have better rune selection you can try to create a damage dealer build using high CR / CD.
- Xiong Fei – This is the recommended unit to bring if you need a Defense Leader skill. He offers a wide array of debuffs including weaken defense on his 1st skill. He also has a heal over time ability that will remove debuffs and places a counter attack buff on himself. This unit should be built super tanky with Revenge runes. DEF / DEF / HP is a standard build since high speed is not required. Once you have better rune selection you can try to create a damage dealer build using high CR / CD.
- Hwa (Core Unit) – This is the recommended unit to bring if you need Crit Leader Skill. Hwa is really effective in Raids because she can slow using her first skill and her passive allows her to decreases the enemy’s Attack Bar by 25% and strike again with a 20% chance. This provides your team more time to cleanse and heal, which will increase your chances of survival.
- Darion – I highly suggest running Darion if you are using Hwa for your Crit Leader skill. Darion provides a passive to his allies that reduces damage by 15%, which allows your healers to sustain better. This unit should be built super tanky with Revenge runes. DEF / DEF / HP is a standard build since high speed is not required. Once you have better rune selection you can try to create a damage dealer build using high CR / CD.
- Tesarion – If you need a resistance leader, I suggest using Tesarion over Praha if you do not have Dias. You can build him tanky to front line or more as a damage dealer for back line. He provides a weaken defense debuff on his 2nd skill, however he lacks a debuff on his 1st skill.
Damage Dealers – Your team should consist of 1-2 of these units
- Xiao Lin (Core Unit) – Com2Us gifted us with Xiao Lin several months ago, and she has quickly become the preferred damage dealer next to Hwa. She has weaken defense on her 1st skill, slow and ATB reduction on her 2nd skill, and her 3rd increases the inflicted damage by 20% for each harmful effect on the enemy. If this skill is on cool down, you have a 25% chance to counterattack when attacked. This is one of the main reasons why you will see this unit on the front line so often.
- Ardella – Weaken Attack on her first skill and the damage of the skill increases by 15% with each harmful effect on the enemy. Her passive increases Critical Rate by 25% and the chances increase additionally as your HP decreases.
- Stella – This unit is amazing. Defense Break, Brand and a skill that scales with speed!
- Wind Homunculus – This skills of this unit really depends on which ones you pick, however heal block on the first skill, and the ability to have slow / defense break / brand makes this unit one of the top damage dealers for R5.
Rare L/D units
- Chris – Weaken Attack on her first skill and the damage of the skill increases by 15% with each harmful effect on the enemy. She also has a chance to weaken defense on her 3rd skill.
- Bethony – Weaken Attack on her first skill and the damage of the skill increases by 15% with each harmful effect on the enemy. She also has a chance to ignore defense on her 3rd skill, resulting in a lot of damage.
- Fei – One of the most desired LD nat 4. She has the ability to ignore the target’s Defense. If this skill is on cooldown, you have a 25% chance to counterattack when attacked. On top of this, she is also to place a 1 turn defense debuff on the enemy.
- Liu Mei – This KFG is interesting because she is able to manipulate ATB similar to Hwa. If the 3rd skill is on cool down, you have a 25% chance to counterattack when attacked. On top of this, she is also to place a 1 turn defense debuff on the enemy.
Alternative Options (For Leader Skills Only)
- Theomars – If you do not have Hwa, and you need a Crit Leader, then Theo is a great option, Especially since you probably have some of your better runes on this unit. Although he does not have a usable debuff on his first skill, Theomars can weaken defense with his 2nd skill.
- Mei Hou Wong – I advise using Xiong Fei over the Fire Monkey King, since the monkey does not have a debuff on his 1st skill. He does however have a weaken defense buff on his 2nd skill.
- Xing Zhe – I typically do not recommend HP leaders, but if you do not have any usable Defense Leader units, then this Wind Monkey can work fine. Similar to Tesarion, he does not offer much outside of his leader skill, moderate damage and a weaken defense debuff.
- Bastet – Defense leader that has weaken attack on skill one. She also offers a wide range of buffs / debuffs for your team.
Raid of Worlds: Rift Raid Guide Series
This article was written by Imintrouble