Water Phantom Thief (Luer)
Mystical Scroll, Mystical Summon, Water Scroll, Legendary Scroll, Temple of Wishes
Leader Skill: Increases the Accuracy of ally monsters in the Arena by 40%
Worth fully skilling up, but use family skill ups instead of Devilmons
|Level||Min||Lv. 30||Min||Lv. 35||Min||Lv. 40|
|SPD||CRI RATE%||CRI DMG%||RES%||ACC%|
Leader Skill (Awakened): Increases the Accuracy of ally monsters in the Arena by 40%.
Skill 1: Scene of the Crime [400%ATK]: Inflicts damage to announce the crime and stuns the enemy for 1 turn with a 20% chance.
- Lv.2 Damage +10%
- Lv.3 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.4 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.6 Damage +15%
Skill 2: Arrest [300%ATK x (2 ~ 3)]: Randomly attacks the enemies up to 3 times and decreases the target’s Attack Speed for 2 turns with a 80% chance with each attack. (Reusable in 4 turns)
- Lv.2 Damage +10%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Cooltime -1 turn
Skill 3: Crime Alert [220%ATK]: Attacks all enemies, decreasing their Attack Bars by 50% each and weakening their Defense for 2 turns. This attack lands as a Crushing Hit, regardless of the enemy’s attribute. (Reusable in 5 turns)
- Lv.2 Damage +10%
- Lv.3 Damage +10%
- Lv.4 Cooltime -1 turn
Early Game – Despair / Energy (SPD / HP% / HP% or ACC%)
End Game – Despair / Will (SPD / HP% / HP%)
Shield Will Comp – Double Shield / Will (SPD / HP% / HP%)
- GB10 – (Rating: 7/10) Luer’s Crime Alert gives your team the needed debuffs to not only speed up runs, but reduce the Giant’s damage too. His 2nd Skill’s Attack Speed Slow synergizes well with the rest of his kit, minimizing the movement of any in his way. That said, it can be difficult to fit him into teams. Early game players will struggle to fit him without reducing their success rate, while end-game players will easily favor Galleon over him. For those in between those ranges though, there might just be a spot for him here.
- DB10 – (Rating: 7/10) Like GB10, his role is pretty much set as a multi-debuffer for teams. His elemental advantage allows him to survive some good hits. However, with strong competition from Galleon and other defense breakers out there, Luer’s kit might end up being unnecessary for you.
- NB10 – Not recommended. Sure, he has a multi-hit skill. But at a 3-turn cooldown when max? I don’t see why you’ll want to use him here.
Not recommended. Unless you’re building a damage oriented Luer, there’s hardly a reason for you to use him as a fodder farmer. And with a 220% AoE multiplier & 659 base attack, why would you?
- R5 – Not recommended. There’s plenty of better debuffers out there that brings more to the table. Remember, his key usage is being an AoE defense breaker, and I don’t see any AoE targets in this part of the game.
- Element Rift Beasts – Not recommended. Most defense breakers will do a far better job than him. He doesn’t have the support nor damage needed to warrant a use here.
(Rating: 7/10) I can see him being a tad more useful than Galleon here in some niche teams thanks to his stuns. Overall though? Time to Loot trumps Crime Alert any time of the week.
(Rating: 9/10) Most players that build him will only do so for this area alone. “But what about Galleon?” I hear you say. “Isn’t he the superior monster that makes all other AoE defense breakers useless?” That’s true, but only an extent. While Galleon shines best with traditional nukers out there, Luer has carved a niche by being the best set-up monster for any non-attack scaling bruisers out there. Monsters like Thebae, Verad and the Beast Monk family all work extremely well with him. Not only that, self-buffers like the assassin duo of Tanya & Isabelle can take advantage of the AoE defense break to wreck havoc in the enemy’s line. Essentially, any monster that doesn’t rely on Galleon’s attack buff will find great uses in Luer. And with the rise of Siege Battles, an set-up monster like Luer can be essential for many players.
How to Counter:
Unlike Galleon, Luer is a lot harder to come across in defense. However, the same principles apply as when you’re countering Galleon. Immunity buffers are best against him, since his AoE defense break can give his ally the set-up needed to destroy you. Not only that, most players will build him on Despair, so immunity is definitely essential if you don’t want to take a change with RNG. Alternatively, just be smart and bring whatever tank you can to take a hit from the enemy team. From there, just target down whatever damage threats there are. Luer won’t be able to do much on his own, and he isn’t that big of a threat once Crime Alert is used.
- Accuracy is vital for him to do his job. 85% accuracy is both the minimum and maximum you’ll need on him.
- Don’t worry too much about speed. The most important thing is that he’s faster than your damage dealers.
Secondary monsters are more important than ever thanks to Siege Battles, and there’s definitely going to be times where you’ll wish you have another AoE defense breaker in your team. And since pretty much the rest of his family are terrible, there’s no better monster to use family skill ups on anyway. While he’s never a trump card, he’s a great hand to play from your back pocket when needed.
- Arrest: The skill will now attack up to 3 enemies (1 guaranteed target and 1 or 2 random targets) instead of targeting 1 enemy and attacking up to 3 times. Damage increased by 20%. Decreases Attack Speed with a 60% chance -> 80% chance
- Crime Alert: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn. (6 -> 5 turn)
High HP, can help tank a bit, especially against wind monsters
Great crowd control skill, stuns, slows, reduce attack bar, and Defense debuff on top of it.
Abysmal damage, you won't win a battle with him alone, he needs other monster as source of damage.