Unknown Scroll, Social Summon, Mystical Scroll, Mystical Summon, Wind Scroll, Temple of Wishes
New Skill: [Wings of Wind]
Worth fully skilling up, but use family skill ups instead of Devilmons
|Level||Min||Lv. 25||Min||Lv. 30||Min||Lv. 35||Min||Lv. 40|
|SPD||CRI RATE%||CRI DMG%||RES%||ACC%|
Leader Skill: Increases the HP of ally monsters with Wind attribute by 30%.
Skill 1: Honorable Attack [370%ATK]: Charges to attack and stuns the enemy for 1 turn with a 20% chance.
- Lv.2 Damage +5%
- Lv.3 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.4 Damage +10%
- Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.6 Damage +10%
- Lv.7 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
Skill 2: Declare War [25%HP] : Recovers your HP by 25% and provokes the enemy for 1 turn with a 75% chance. (Reusable in 3 turns)
- Lv.2 Harmful Effect Rate +10%
- Lv.3 Recovery + 10%
- Lv.4 Recovery + 10%
- Lv.5 Harmful Effect Rate +15%
Skill 3: Wings of Wind (Awakened) – Removes one harmful effect from all allies, decreasing their cool time by 1 turn, and increases their Attack Speed for 2 turns. (Reusable in 4 turns)
- Lv.2 Cooltime Turn -1
|ToAH Build||Violent + Any||SPD / HP% / HP% or DEF%|
Dungeons: Mav isn’t really that great in any of the dungeons. Provoke is pretty meaningless against the bosses since their attacks are all AoE, while his 3rd Skill can also be intepreted as a longer-cooldown version of Veromos’ cleanse. The cooldown resets aren’t nearly as useful here since you can’t really control when to use it too. While you can use him in your GB10 team, he won’t be as effective as he is in ToA.
Raids: Stuns and provokes both fail to work against the boss, making Mav’s debuffs to be wasted in most raid teams. While his cooldown reduction, cleanse and attack speed buff is certainly useful, it pales in comparison to attack bar manipulators and full-on cleansers. Overall, he has a very lackluster performance in raids.
ToA: Most players who build Mav will pretty much use him in only ToA. Mav’s kit is amazing here since he performs so many roles in a single-kit. While he gets outshined in other parts of the game, he is arguably the best supportive monster you can have in a ToAH team. Mav single-handedly makes it viable to run zero-healer teams against almost the entirety of ToAH stages.
His 3rd Skill, which vastly increases the uptime of the rest of your team’s skills, allows MUCH better control over the battlefield. It also has a single AoE cleanse, which while weak in other parts of the game, is generally enough in ToAH to remove a potentially wiping DoT, defense break or stun on your monsters. Not only that, he provides a pretty rare provoke skill on his 2nd, which he can easily tank since it also comes with a decent 25% self-heal. To top everything off, his 1st Skill allows him to function as a back-up stunner, even if the success rate isn’t that great.
PvP: Beyond some humorous encounters, Mav isn’t that great for PvP content. Cleanses without an immunity buff isn’t that great, especially from a skill that only removes a single debuff. The one-turn AoE cooldown reduction is also pretty unnecessary, considering the fact that most PvP outcomes are decided from the first couple turns. Mav’s kit simply isn’t usable here, either being unnecessary or outshined by other monsters in the game.
How to Counter
Mav’s won’t be seen in PvP past early-game, largely due to how needless his kit is. He’s also normally built as a ToAH monster, meaning players won’t have one built until they have reached mid-game. If you do spot one in a defense, it’s almost likely a troll team. As with other supportive monsters, you can take him down if you have a defense break on him, but prioritize the larger threats on the enemy team first.
- There isn’t really a rune replacement for Mav besides Violent. He doesn’t work nearly as well on any other rune set
- Accuracy is crucial for Mav since you really want his provoke up against the ToAH boss stages. Get 45% accuracy for the maximum effect here
- You want Mav to be the slowest monster in your team to take advantage of the cooldown reset. Build him with speed, but always make sure he gets the last turn off
Mav is definitely one of the best monster any player can build for ToAH. His kit synergizes extremely well with other ToAH staples, making them even stronger than they currently are. Imagine a Baretta with a Phoenix Fury on a pretty much permanent 3-turn cooldown instead! Mav makes runs not only faster, but safer too, since both your DoT skills and crowd-control skills will be available quicker. He’s a crucial monster for a vast majority of players in climbing ToAH and is well worth being given a decent set of Violent runes from you.
– Updated on 2015.10.28
- Wings of Wind – Instead of attacking the enemy after removing 1 harmful effect from all allies, the skill will now remove 1 harmful effect from all allies, decrease their cooltime by 1 turn, and increase their Attack Speed for 2 turns.
- Good base HP
- 2nd Skill has a 100% provoke rate while self-healing him
- 3rd Skill is arguably the best skill you can use for a ToA team
- 1st Skill has a chance of stunning the enemy
- 2nd and 3rd Skill has low cooldowns
- Poor base defense
- 1st Skill only has a 50% activation rate when max